What is Rhinoplasty?
You might call it a nose job, but here in the office, we call it “Rhinoplasty.” So what is this procedure, exactly? It’s a surgery that involves reshaping the nose for aesthetic or functional purposes. It’s the ultimate example of form and function working together. We want you to feel great about how your nose looks and have a nose that helps you breathe without obstruction! We find that helping our patients look and feel great about their noses is one way to empower positive change!
At Wellspring Plastic Surgery, all rhinoplasty surgeries are performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon; we never have general surgeons! We want only the best for our patients, so we have only the best surgeons.
We are confident there are no offices that provide the wrap-around services, comfort, and care shown by Wellspring
Why do people want rhinoplasty?
Every patient that comes to us has a different reason for doing so. Here are some common reasons why we see people come to Wellspring Plastic Surgery for rhinoplasty:
- Improving appearance: One of the main reasons people consider getting a nose job is to improve the appearance of their nose. This may involve reducing the size or altering the shape of the nose to fit the rest of the face better.
- Correcting a bump or asymmetry: Some people have a bump or asymmetry in their noses that they want to look smoother; they want the bump gone altogether or want their nose more symmetrical.
- Improving breathing: Rhinoplasty can also improve breathing, particularly for those who suffer from nasal obstruction or a deviated septum.
- Reshaping the tip: Rhinoplasty can be used to reshape the tip of the nose, making it more defined or refined.
- Reducing nostril size: Some people may feel that their nostrils are too large or uneven, and rhinoplasty can help to reduce the size or correct asymmetry.
- Repairing a broken nose: Rhinoplasty can also be done to repair or correct damage caused by trauma.
- Boosting self-confidence: Many people who undergo rhinoplasty report feeling more confident and comfortable in their appearance following the procedure.
- Reversing the effects of aging: As people age, the shape and structure of the nose can change, and rhinoplasty can be used to restore a more youthful appearance.
We even see patients that feel a few of these reasons apply to them! For instance, a patient might have had a broken nose, causing uneven nostrils and a bump. They’d be a great candidate for rhinoplasty!
Rhinoplasty in Austin, Texas
We know there might be other offices in Austin that offer rhinoplasty. But we are confident there are no offices that provide the wrap-around services, comfort, and care shown by Wellspring.
We start with an hour-long consultation with the surgeon who will complete your procedure. During this appointment, you can ask any questions, review outcomes and expectations, and review how the surgery works with us. We then ensure every patient is healthy and a great candidate for rhinoplasty. On surgery day, your comfort is our priority! Our medical and office staff will have nothing less! Your post-operative appointments will be scheduled well in advance, so you’ll have a clear timeline of when you’ll be back in the office.
Did we mention we send you home with gifts for comfort and healing? That’s right; our patients are our priority – so we set them up to succeed after surgery! You’ll get the best Wellspring throw blanket to stay warm and cozy! We give you an incredible Wellspring water bottle because hydrated bodies heal! You’ll get scar treatment that’s specific to you! We send every patient home with VitaMedica supplements that are formulated to promote post-surgery healing. These supplements contain various vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients that can help reduce inflammation, support tissue repair, and boost the immune system. We want to help you heal from the inside out! And you’ll get spa services from our medspa: MiraBelle. You can choose a customized facial or a tox treatment! What a great compliment to your rhinoplasty!
The services provided by Wellspring are top-notch (and we’re not just saying that!). But did we mention that Dr. Cone AND Dr. Langevin are both Austin Top Docs? Both are board-certified plastic surgeons, skilled and committed to excellence! You can always expect that Wellspring Plastic Surgery will provide you with natural results; you’ll never leave looking fake or overdone!
Healing and what to expect after rhinoplasty
After rhinoplasty, we expect every patient to experience some swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort for several days or weeks. The amount of swelling and bruising will differ depending on the surgery’s extent and the patient’s healing process. You might also have a nasal splint or packing inside the nose for a few days to help support the new nasal structure and prevent bleeding.
We want to remind you that the surgeon will guide you on post-operative care, including taking pain medications, using ice packs, avoiding strenuous activity, and keeping your head elevated while sleeping. We know that every patient is different; nothing is one size fits all at Wellspring Plastic Surgery. Most patients are able to return to work or school within 1-2 weeks after surgery, but it may take several weeks or even months for the final results to become evident as the swelling subsides and the tissues heal. We say this because we want all our patients to have realistic expectations. During pre-op appointments, we want you to talk openly with your surgeon about goals, expectations, timelines, and lifestyle. All of these can impact healing. Remember, we’re all a team regarding the entire surgery process!
Want more info? Reach out today!
We are excited to continue the discussion about rhinoplasty with Wellspring Plastic Surgery! We are confident you’ll have an experience you love. We want to empower positive change with every procedure we do! Feel free to fill out a contact form today, email, or call us! Then we can schedule a consultation. We want you to feel comfortable, confident, and prepared for surgery!