The Benefits of Getting Winter & Spring Liposuction and Tummy Tucks in Austin, Texas!
Ever heard the phrase, “Summer bodies are made in the winter?” Here at Wellspring Plastic Surgery in beautiful Austin, Texas we couldn’t agree more! We love when our patients opt for body contouring liposuction and tummy tucks in the winter and spring; because then they are healed for the summer!
Summer bodies are made in the winter!
The Basics: Types of Liposuction
You might have heard the term liposuction, but let’s get back to the basics. Our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons use surgical instruments to remove fat from your body. Let’s break down the term liposuction:
Lipo (fat) & Suction (like a vacuum removing tissue). We offer many types of liposuction: depending on what area you want to target. Most of our patients get liposuction in the abdomen, breasts, hips, outer thighs, anterior (front) thighs, inner thighs, knees, arms, cheeks or neck. Many patients who opt for liposuction in their abdomen will also double down on their procedure by including a tummy tuck as well.
What to Expect When You Choose Wellspring Plastic Surgery for Liposuction
If you’re in or near Austin, Texas…Wellspring Plastic Surgery is the absolute best choice! From the moment you contact us, we will walk you through every step of the way!
- Consultation with your Board-Certified Surgeon. You meet with your surgeon for an hour-long consultation. Topics discussed include the goals of the procedure, options for reaching those goals, the pre-op preparations, what will happen on the day of surgery and what to expect during recovery.
- Wellspring helps get you ready for your procedure. This is often surgical clearance but also includes scheduling and logistical details.
- Liposuction Day! Your procedure will be performed at one of our state-of-the-art surgical suites. We ensure you have a gentle experience and take great care of any anxiety or discomfort you might have.
- Recovery & results! Wellspring sends you home with gifts to help you heal and to comfort you. We make sure you have Post-Operative VitaMedica Supplements, Wellspring swag (the softest blanket and best water bottle!), silicone scar treatment specific to your procedure and free services from MiraBelle Medspa (neurotoxin treatment or a custom facial).
Benefits of Liposuction in Winter & Spring
It’ll be hot before you know it…and we love it when our patients are fully healed before the summer warmth comes! Here’s why:
- Heal under a layer of clothes. We know that after liposuction, there is bruising, some redness and small incisions. Instead of worrying about how you’ll cover those up in summer clothes…opt for your liposuction while it’s cool out.
- Let’s not sweat it out! While some perspiration happens all year, we love to see our patients heal without that layer of moisture. Dry skin helps silicone scar treatment adhere, and in general, we see great results when patients are able to maintain an even body temperature.
- You’ll be at your peak when it’s sundress and bathing suit season. This is the BEST reason to get liposuction in the colder months…your healing will be done when it is warm. You’ll want to show off your lean, shaped body! Nothing will stop you…what clothing would you choose if you had less body fat?
What about a Mommy Makeover? Is that Liposuction?
Our patients love the results they get from the Mommy Makeover procedure. This does often include liposuction of the abdomen. Here’s what happens when a patient gets a Mommy Makeover:
- Breast augmentation and a tummy tuck
- Breast augmentation with a breast lift and a tummy tuck
- Breast reduction and a tummy tuck
- Breast lift with a tummy tuck
- Any of the above, with liposuction
If you feel like pregnancy, a C-section, breastfeeding (or a combo!) left your body stretched and sagging: you might want to think about a full Mommy Makeover when you’re considering liposuction.
Why Would I Add a Tummy Tuck to my Liposuction Surgery?
A tummy tuck can be incredibly helpful in many cases. A tummy tuck is the removal of excess skin or scarring and in some cases the repair of abdominal muscles. Abdominal muscles come apart naturally during pregnancy and sometimes they will not return to their original state, this is called diastasis recti. Patients with diastasis recti will notice a bulging stomach that will not look flat no matter the amount of diet and exercise.
Tummy tucks can also be necessary for patients who have excess skin due to major weight loss surgery or who have an excess of loose skin due to pregnancy. In many cases, in order to have the ultimate result on the abdomen, we recommend adding a tummy tuck to the liposuction procedure.
Why choose Wellspring Plastic Surgery for Your Winter Liposuction?
We can think of so many reasons! Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons, caring and knowledgeable staff, convenient location in Austin, gifts to help you heal and, of course, great results & reviews! And in March, April and May of 2023, we can think of 1500 extra reasons to choose Wellspring Plastic Surgery.
That’s right – patients who get liposuction and a tummy tuck can get up to $1500 off! We’d love to schedule a consultation with you; contact us today!
At Wellspring Plastic Surgery we offer complimentary consultations to ensure our patients are completely informed, comfortable and receive the best results. Call us at 512-600-2888 to set up your consultation!