Regular Facials for Glowing Skin
Wellspring Plastic Surgery is committed to empowering positive change and helping you look and feel your best. We love providing excellent care from the first phone call through every post-op visit!
One way we make sure you have the best experience is through our surgical gifts. Every patient who has surgery in the operating room goes home with a gift package to help them look and feel the best they can! The gift package includes Wellspring Plastic Surgery swag, VitaMedica supplements, silicone scar treatment customized for your procedure, and a gift certificate for services at MiraBelle Spa. The MiraBelle service is either tox injections or a custom facial. The tox injections make a significant impact on wrinkles, no doubt about that! But we also LOVE the results and outcomes of getting a facial! Our patients love their glow after a facial, whether they had facial surgery or a body contouring procedure. Let’s explore why facials are so beneficial and the perfect compliment to your cosmetic procedure!
Facials Before Cosmetic Procedures
We know that much planning goes into getting cosmetic surgery; it’s never an overnight decision! During your planning process, we’d love to encourage you to think about how aesthetic treatments can complement your surgery. One luxurious step that sets you up to look and feel your best is getting a facial the week before your procedure.
MiraBelle Spa offers a wide range of facials. They can help with skin imperfections and get you exfoliated, hydrated, and glowing. Getting a facial the week before your facial procedure helps improve tissue health and hydration, setting you up to heal! Let’s say you’re getting rhinoplasty; there will be parts of your face you can’t wash following surgery. What better than a facial to set you up to feel fresh, even if you can’t wash your face as usual? Facials before surgery set you up for success!
Benefits of Facials
Facial treatments can provide numerous benefits after plastic surgery, including:
- Improved circulation: Facial massage can improve blood flow to the area, which can help reduce swelling and bruising after surgery.
- Enhanced lymphatic drainage: Lymphatic drainage massage can help promote the drainage of excess fluids from the surgical site, reducing inflammation and promoting healing.
- Skin rejuvenation: Facials can help improve skin texture and tone and can promote the growth of healthy new skin cells.
- Stress reduction: Getting a facial can be a relaxing and calming experience, which can help reduce stress and promote healing after surgery.
- Scar reduction: Certain facial treatments, such as microdermabrasion and chemical peels, can help reduce the appearance of scars and promote healing of the surgical site.
At Wellspring Plastic Surgery, both of our board-certified plastic surgeons are experts in skin health! Their skincare knowledge is so thorough they have developed a skincare line for MiraBelle Spa. Our skin care experts can recommend the best type of facial for you. Although you will be receiving a complimentary facial (or tox) at your 3 month-post op visit, be sure to discuss appropriate timelines for consistent skin maintenance with our skin care experts post-operatively.
Different types of facials
Many types of facials are available, and the kind of facial that is best for you will depend on your skin type, concerns, and preferences. Here are some of our favorites:
- Essential Facial: A 30-minute cleansing facial including exfoliation, hydration mask, and LED Light Therapy powered by medical-grade skincare products. Suitable for all skin types, including teens.
- Custom Facial: A 60-minute facial tailored to your skin type, including cleansing, extractions, exfoliation, hydration mask, LED Light Therapy, and medical-grade skincare products.
- Medical Facial: A 90-minute medical facial using the MiraBelle skincare line, including cleansing, dermaplaning, and infusion for cell regeneration & repair. Includes European massage therapy, Hydrojelly mask & Celluma LED Light Therapy.
- HydraFacial: A treatment that removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while hydrating the new skin with cleansing and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, and immediately effective.
- IPL Photofacial: The IPL (Intense Pulse Light) targets the deep tissues under the skin and prompts the body to produce more collagen.
Impact of monthly facials
When you decide to get cosmetic surgery, especially a facial or neck procedure, we know it is a significant financial investment. Wellspring Plastic Surgery encourages patients to continue using medical-grade skincare and get regularly scheduled facials. We’ve outlined some of the benefits of getting a facial monthly:
- Deep cleansing: Facials can help to remove dirt, oil, and impurities that can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
- Exfoliation: Regular exfoliation helps to remove dead skin cells that can cause the skin to look dull and can also improve the skin’s texture.
- Hydration: Facials can help hydrate the skin and improve its moisture content, leading to a more youthful and radiant appearance.
- Increased circulation: The massage component of facials can help increase blood flow to the skin, improving its overall health and vitality.
- Customized treatments: Monthly facials can be customized to meet the specific needs of each individual’s skin type and concerns, such as acne, aging, or hyperpigmentation.
Again, facials should be used with a consistent at-home skincare routine to maximize their benefits. These regularly scheduled facials are a way to protect the investment you made in your cosmetic surgery.
Best facial for oily skin
One group of patients often ask us if they can benefit from facials; patients with oily skin! If you have oily skin, you may want to consider the following types of facials to help address your skin concerns:
- Medical Facial: This facial can be customized with various medical-grade skincare products, making it an excellent option for those with oily skin.
- Hydrating facial: Even oily skin needs hydration, and a hydrating facial can help to balance the skin’s moisture levels without making it feel greasy.
Working with Wellspring Plastic Surgery and MiraBelle Spa
Wellspring Plastic Surgery and MiraBelle Spa know that cosmetics and aesthetics go hand in hand. That’s why we provide wrap-around services to meet your complete needs. Consider adding a facial at MiraBelle before a cosmetic procedure or scheduling them regularly after your procedure!